Keeping up with the catwalk doesn’t have to be stressful or expensive. One of the easiest ways to update your look for the new season is with some artfully-chosen accessories. And you have plenty to choose from! Some simple jewelry, a hot bag, or even just rejuvenating your makeup can all help to keep you looking stylish. So if you want to get on trend, here are some fresh ideas to get you started.
- Red red red! For New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2013, Anna Sui’s models were sporting a vampy red lipstick paired with red-framed vintage cats-eye sunglasses and a washed-out burgundy in the hair for a strong look this year.
- Monochrome and citrus colors are big this season as the sixties continues to influence the runway. Think Twiggy and Jean Shrimpton. You can brighten up a black and white palette with a splash of citrus—lime, orange, lemon— and choose from many monochrome handbags.
- Try a roses-based theme. Statement necklaces have been a staple for a few seasons but roses on anything are trending for 2013. Check out this black rose number from Oscar de la Renta followed by a matching bracelet with one single large rose. Also keep an eye out for rose prints on bags for a great spring and summer accessory.
- Embrace animal prints. If you like your prints a little bit feistier, animal prints look set to continue to be popular through this season and the next. You don’t have to look like Pat Butcher to wear them either! Opt for leopard or tiger prints on bags or shoes for a subtle nod to this continuing trend.
- Metallics are still with us this season and are an easy trend to wear. Silver or golden sandals are an excellent way to wear metallics without overdoing it. Another option is a chunky piece of jewelry in gold or silver. An oversized bracelet ticks the metallics and statement jewelry boxes for any fashion fan.