So, you’ll probably see a bunch of people wearing like 50 shades of pink today since April 30th marks The 10th Anniversary of Mean Girls. With snarky lines twisted with morality, Mean Girls is an influence on pop culture and teenagers growing up in the early 2000s. The movie is known for many memorable quotes…my favorites being “On Wednesdays, we wear pink”, “You can’t sit with us”, and “Gretchen, stop trying to make fetch happen. It’s not going to happen!”
Get inspired and try the Pink Wednesday trend by adding pops of pink to your outfit with a fresh mani, hot pumps, or sparkly jewelry. If you’re looking to make a statement, pair pink pants with a simple top (such as this haute hue look styled by Jessie Holeva) or go all out with a bright pink dress. As always, this trend can be worn under $50.
1. For a casual look, try soft pink slim-fit pants by H&M, $25
2. Accessorize with a cocktail ring, such as Forever 21’s Faux Stone Cocktail Ring, $4
3. Stay eco-chic with a Kate Spade Reusable Shopping Tote, $16
4. Get really into the Pink Wednesday spirit with ASOS’s Open Back Wrap Dress,
$66 now $34
5. Pump up your Pink Wednesday style with Jessica Simpson’s Cirrus Pumps, $44
6. Give your nails some color with Victoria’s Secret PINK Nail Paint in Buff it Up, $10 (Special: buy 2 for $15)
If you’re celebrating, try my Pink Wednesday White Wine Spritzer! It’s delish and will look great with your pink outfit. Cheers to Mean Girls!
Do you have a favorite piece of pink clothing or accessory? Let us know in the comments below! Or, tweet your Pink Wednesday inspired photos to the Trend Hungry team on Twitter @TrendHungryBlog.